Tuesday 10 May 2011

Day 24 Mataranka hot springs

Jasper: At breakfast I made a friend, or should I say some friends. At first I saw a peacock! So I decided to feed it some bread, but then in only a few minutes there were 7 peacocks all around me. When I finished we all went to see the barramundi being fed. The guy feeding the barra used a fishing rod with no reel or hook,that made me more confident when he gave me a go! Then Em had a go which left only two bait fish left, then he asked if I wanted another go on one condition I hold the bait fish with my fingers not the rod. But no regrets I did it, which turned out to be alot scarier than it seamed because it nearly bit my fingers off.

Jap risking his arm hand feeding the barras

Em feeding the usual way!


Mataranka Thermal Pool
 After that we went to a hot spring called Bitter Springs. It had a hot water hole and a stream, so Em, Kate and I floated down on noodles lent by another family. It was amazing floating down because the water was so clear and there were trees all around you but even better we saw a water monitor and went under all these spider webs with spiders in them. Then we went back to the van for Maddy's sleep. When she woke up we went to another hot springs called Mataranka Thermal Pool witch was pretty good because Em and I had snorkels.

No comments:

Post a Comment