Monday 27 June 2011

Caravan Driving Language - according to Steve

Caravan Driving Language
From the first day on the road, Steve has been very amused by the way every caravan/campervan driver coming towards you on the road, waves to you as you pass each other.  He now has a theory on all the different waves he sees:



Single Finger Wave - "I don't want to acknowledge you but I know it's part of the caravanning etiquette"



Solid Hand Wave - hand up for a couple of seconds, no waving



The No Wave - "I don't want to be here"



The Queen Wave - with a flick of the wrist forward (Steve uses this!)



The Safe Wave - four fingers wave while thumbs stay attached to driver's wheel



Thumbs Up - Only from other Range Rover drivers. We've only seen about five of these in three months!!



Enthusiastic dual wave - passenger and driver waves.  They've been on the road too long.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic trip you're all having and I am soooooooooooo impressed with Jasper's diary! Only wish I was there too! Can't wait until we see each other again and will ask Emily and Maddy all about what they saw.

    Keep safe and enjoy the rest of your trip, especially the Nullabor. A Range Rover with caravan is a little bit different from my Austin Freeway when I crossed it two years ago, but it's an amazing place.

    My best love to you all,

    Nairn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the most important wave.

    The good old fashion "bird" - it says thanks for for not slowing down as you pass me and flicking up rocks at my windscreen.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete